Monday 2 September 2013

Murder mystery: Judas Goat - The Kennet narrow Boat Mystery (Ten)

I am often asked about my characters!

Most of my characters have a resemblance to people from the past, although the purely evil characters are usually my creation, or drawn from recent historical figures. Sometimes I will write about a time and a place and then change it to suite the story. Finally, it is all in the plot, otherwise my writing would become pure Pirandello - Six Characters in Search of an Author  - which is about the stage and theatrical effect, and not about the intimate relationship between an author and his reader.

How do I feel about selling myself as an author?

Selling accomplishes most things a writer would like. The greater the number of books that are read, the quicker the message gets out. In the case of Judas Goat - The Kennet Narrow Boat Mystery, it is about the proliferation of weapons in the world, the evils of arms dealing, and the huge amounts of money it can make certain disreputable players who do not care much about the death and destruction their actions cause.

What sort of readers do I think I have?

People who enjoy a good story, those who want to be entertained, but also readers who instinctively understand the wise words of the writer and philosopher C. S. Lewis which were that, "We read to know we are not alone."

Please have a look at look at my improved website and buy this book - www.PatrickBrigham.co.uk

No comments:

Something for A Quiet Time- by Patrick Brigham

Amazon UK -  https://www.amazon.co.uk/-/e/B00BGZTKFE Amazon US -  https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B00BGZTKFE Enable Ginger Cannot connect to Ging...